Thursday, July 2, 2009

Lini moving to Mamas!

Lini is moving to my parents house. I have been filling in holes putting up a ghetto fence with polytape.

I realized for the amount I can afford right now, no one meets my standards of care. So I am teaming up with a local trainer...she is awesome BTW and we are looking for a farm to lease. Hopefully we will find one soon so I can get on the ball. I have a great insurance company that does everything! Thank god.

I suppose I am just to picky. I mean the pasture she is going to be in at my parents wont be the fanciest thing or the nicest but it will be doable and she will get quality..

Her coat is getting dull from the crappy feed. She is fat and happy, just not shiny like she used to. The farm feeds Nutrena Triumph to all there horses...hate to say this but they all look like crap. So I am taking my mare home and gonna start her back on Legens Sweet feed (textured) like she was on all her life...she looked gorgeous then.

The only problem is there isnt much grass...so I will have to invest quiet a bit of money in to hay. I am thinking of Alfalfa, thats what all my horses where on in NC and they did wonderfully. Maybe even a orchard mix. Something that I believe is going to be worth my money. I wont have to feed her as much because its a rich hay. Coastal...bales are way to light and I think there good for horses that have lush pasture.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Mrs. Mom said...

I think it depends on where you buy your Coastal / Coastal mixes from- our bales are heavy- 55 to 60 pounds. I use one square bale per day feeding my big horse and the pony, and they stay fat, fit, shiny and healthy on it. Too though, Hay Man is incredibly particular about the quality of his hay, and pleasing his hay customers is primary. Alfalfa is great stuff- would mix well with some nice grass type hay for your mare.

Glad you are going to have her home sooN!

Unknown said...

I've been very happy with Purina's Strategy feed. Even my senior 34 year old mare does very well on it.
Get your hands on some soybean oil. Wonderful stuff for hair coats.
I use Cocosoya through Uckele. Can you tell I like Uckele products? LOL@