Monday, June 22, 2009

Completly off topic..my son

I am a single mom, and its hard, I am solely responsible for all of his needs but, I have an amazing boyfriend who helps me raise him just not financially.

Well, we will call my sons father the "Donor". I left him when my son was 3 months old. Drove down to GA with $100 bucks my friend gave me.


So he has not tried to see our son in gosh ummm since I left him. And now...I get a phone call from his wife...(married same day we were divorced) saying that they want to see him. And take him NY....Oh lord! Has he lost his mind...

They want to just take him..to NY or back to NC. Everything in me says no. He has never taken care of Christian before...EVER. He has never been alone with my son. So no. So now we are battling it out!

I dont know what to do. I am so confused. Sadly we have no written agreement in the beginning but thank god we dont cause even then he wouldnt have tried to see him. Why now? He has been forced by the USMC in to AA forced into concelling marriage anger and parenting classes! He has shaken his 3yo step daughter...reported to the military...

I say no...will my son hate me, when he gets older?

2 comments:

Dory Tuohey said...

I'm not sure how old your son is, but he wont hate you. I have a "donor" as well. He wanted nothing to do with my mom when he found out she was pregnant. Later, when I was about 8, he was married and they couldnt have anymore kids so he thought then would be a good time to try and claim me. Uh... I dont think so. Even at that age, I understood what was up. And when he started wanting me to come stay overnight, I told him no. I'm sorry but you cant just decide I'm your daughter only because you cant have anymore kids. And that was the end of it.

Mrs. Mom said...

Hey Monstersmama- GA has some really tough laws in situations like this. I do believe they'd be on your side, so be sure to check into that. (Either way- know what legal leg you have to stand on!!) Hang in there girl- this too shall pass. Will keep our fingers crossed here that things quiet down, and lil man stays with YOU. Visitation is one thing- but he needs to come to YOU IMO ;)

Hang in there!