Saturday, June 6, 2009

Trust Me

Bellini, she got her halter off yesterday playing with Benny he is a cute skiddish Andalusian. He is more skiddish than Bellini only you can catch him.

I was able to get her into a stall (thank goodness its a turnout stall) where I proceeded to get her halter on. She was scared, I dont understand why. So i got some grain and me and the barn lady went in I had the halter she had the grain. Bellini trust me more the barn lady but, she ate the grain and I was able to put her halter on and she was FINE! I praised her and walked her out.

We walked down to the arena, I put the lunge line on her thinking of proceeding to lunge her then...I changed my mind. So here I went just walking her around rubbing on her spending time with her. She lowered her head into my chest as I scratched her...I looked into her eyes...

They were so gentle...but she just looked worried, as if I will be here one day and gone another. I told her "your not going anywhere" she isnt. She is so wonderful besides the fact that she is difficult to catch. In time she will soon just walk up to me and let me catch her. Not yet.

I decided to see if my saddle fit. She twitched a bit...then settled right down. It doesnt so I am going to clean it up and sell it. Besides I am thinking of investing in a decent dressage saddle. I will be going to some hunter shows, in a dressage saddle, she is green and will need the mileage. Next year I would LOVE to some recognized shows. But not yet. She needs to trust me and I need to make it fun for her.

Thats all I have for now, if anyone has any advice on tips for me catching my Sweet Green Bellini, please let me know!








No comments: