Thursday, June 25, 2009

On the bit

Lini is doing fabulous...I have never sat on a horse that is more comfortable to ride. She is starting to really relax and get on the bit and stretch. She is very lovely. I still need to get those pictures up.

She does however spook. She seems very nervous, I am thinking of putting some chamomile in her feed for a few wks and see if that helps...I hope. She is very twitchy too. Weird I have never had a horse that poops and twitches as much as her. Cant put her on any drugs...I dont want to get in trouble because I do want to show her soon. Maybe Sept and hunter pace in Aug. I think she will be fine as she is progressing VERY well.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats! It is a great feeling when we have rides such as these. My now 6 year old gelding had spook problems all along and has drove me nuts. I put him on Seroquine by Uckele. Seems to have taken the edge a bit. He's been on it a month so we'll see. He just needs miles, but also needs to just grow up.
Good luck with your progress. Do share pics!

Brooke (FBX Adventures - In Parenting) said...

I use Mare Magic and it is a life saver!!!