Friday, June 12, 2009

To ride or NOT to ride that is the question !?

That is the question! Ha ha, well I am sure we are going to. Long ago (funny it was really only 3 years ago!) I wouldnt question this I would just do it...my trainer called it GRIT...boy, have I lost that. I guess when you have a baby and your the only one they rely on it changes your outlook and your not as daring. OR maybe its because I will be honest I am out of shape. Wont know till tomarrow, yeah some people may think I got in over my head.

But, I love green horses and thats all I have ridden...

gosh I had a lesson a few wks ago on a non green horse...BORING. Besides that the instructor was TERRIBLE. I mean she didnt tell me anything I didnt know I needed to work on... on top of that I ride huntseat...and dressage, not whatever she was trying...i just remeber her saying get more contact in his mouth....that could mean many things. so I did what I thought i was suppose to do which was get him in fram...he was a QH so it was QH frame...I must not have been doing it write...oh well.

I went through my ribbons today! So many good memories...but, I am starting a new venture..no more quarter horses all though I must say...i will miss them but maybe i can find someone to let me show there QH after all that is where my heart lies!

Back to the RIDE:

The girl who is going to ride her first is fearless, her and her mom break and train horses to jump grand prix level...So she will be first batter up...then me. After I feel comfortable. Which I am usually GUNG ho after I see how the horse reacts the first time I can asses how I am going to ride...thats how I rode when I was pregnant yep I did ride bucking horses in my first and second month...it went well just went with the flow and did it well. But its always easier to ride a horse like that when you have a trainer you trust. Anyone know of any affordable trainers in the GA area? I am trying but GEEZE some charge ridiculous amounts of money! I am sure there good, if not I will just take videos and send them to my old trainer after all she knows me best!

Well wish us luck and any advice for the first ride greatly appreciated..Will try to post video so you can laugh so hard youll cry or just say what are they thinkin...which is what I prefer after all thats what I have always gotten :)

No comments: